- Ozempic is a once-weekly medication used to lower blood sugar in individuals with type 2 diabetes or help those with a high BMI lose weight.
- The initial dose of Ozempic is 0.25 mg per week for the first four weeks, with subsequent dosage adjustments based on individual needs.
- Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended during treatment with Ozempic.
- Ozempic offers 1 mg and 2 mg doses for additional A1C control, but the maximum dose should not exceed 2 mg.
- The weekly dose of Ozempic can be taken at any time during the week, as long as the next dose is at least 2 days after the last dose. Missed doses should be taken within 5 days or skipped if longer than that.
Ozempic is a once-weekly medication that can help those with type 2 diabetes effectively lower their blood sugar and/or help those with a BMI of 30+ (or 27+ with comorbidity,) lose body weight with the proper guidance of their healthcare professional. The initial dose for Ozempic is 0.25 mg taken once a week for the first four weeks to give your body time to slowly adjust to the effects of the medicine. After these first four weeks, your healthcare provider will increase the dosage to 0.5 mg per week as needed. Proper monitoring of blood glucose levels throughout treatment is also recommended by your healthcare professional to ensure that you are getting an optimal effect from taking Ozempic. If you have type 2 diabetes, your A1C may shift while on the medication, Ozempic offers a 1mg and a 2mg dose for additional A1C control. You mustn’t take more than the maximum dose of 2mg, make sure you correctly follow your healthcare provider’s guidance.
How to take your Ozempic Dose
Your weekly dose of Ozempic can be taken any time during the week, provided your next dose was at least 2+ days after your last dose. If you miss your last dose, take the missed dose as soon as possible within 5 days after the missed dose. If it’s been longer than 5 days, skip the missed dose, and take your next dose on your normal scheduled day. It’s best to inject Ozempic into the front of your thighs, the front of your waist (abdomen) or your upper arms. It is recommended that you rotate your injection site each time you inject. Do not Inject into your veins.
Start our Monthly Programme
- Quick & Discreet Delivery
- GLP-1 Weight Loss Injections
- 24/7 Support via App